Many ups and downs during these three years have tested my faith – as always, in the end, God is so gracious to me. I’d love to share seven of the many bible verses that have guided me in my time in college.
I struggled a lot with discerning my wishes vs. God’s wishes. I have all these dream plans and ideas, and I try to do a lot of it on my own, but so many times, I fail, I wrong people, I mess up situations — but I also recover. By His grace, I’ve come to see that my abilities as a human being comes nowhere near to His strength.
Timing is a lesson that God has repeatedly taught (and will continue to teach + may blog about it at a later time) me. Whether it be opportunities, career, or relationships, He’s always given and taken away at His perfect timing. In hindsight, of course, He’s always got my back, and now I’m learning to accept when things don’t work out, because I know His timing is always better than mine.
1. Psalm 73:26 (My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.)
2. Ecclesiastes 3:11 (He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.)
3. Romans 8:18 (I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.)
4. Psalm 16:11 (You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.)
5. 2 Corinthians 4:18 (So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.)
6. 1 Corinthians 16:14 (Let all that you do be done in love.)
7. James 1:5 (If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.)
“People have asked me how it is I stay close to God. Truth is, just like everyone else, there are days when I feel distant from Him. But that’s the beauty of God. He isn’t going anywhere regardless of how I may feel.”