As I’m relaxing the evening before I start the full-time work life, I’ve been reflecting on how I’ve spent the wonderful seven months I had between graduation and work.
The absolute honest truth is that January and February were brutal. I am so used to being busy, on my feet, and constantly out and about. After finishing up ‘winter break’ with my friends and working Houston Salsa Congress, I quickly became lonely and restless. Most of my close friends were still in school, and when it came down to it, I just had to learn to be still and appreciate where God had put me for the time being.
Since travels hadn’t kicked off yet, I had some time at home…
- Woke up 10:00 am (on average) everyday
- Achieved Starbucks gold card status while I journaled, doodled, and did my afternoon readings
- Experimented with Pinterest food recipes, which most succeeded (honey sesame chicken, sticky chicken wings, coconut chicken, pad see ew, pizza pasta casserole, penne pasta bake, sesame noodles, and enchiladas)
February 28: I took the GMAT. It was definitely something I knew I needed to do and it’ll be nice for the future!
Most of you who follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat will remember that I bombarded all of you with #sherrysglobetrot…23 flight segments later, here are all the places I visited:
- New Mexico (Roswell, White Sands National Monument, and Carlsbad Caverns)
- Tahiti (Papeete + Moorea)
- New Zealand (Auckland, Rotorua, Christchurch, Omarama, Lake Tekapo, Wanaka, Mount Aspiring, Mount Cook, Queenstown, Oamaru, Akaroa)
- Northwest Arkansas
- State College, Pennsylvania
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Los Cabos San Lucas
- Chicago, Illinois
When I was not across oceans or in different time zones, I spent ample time in Waco, Austin, and Houston.
While waiting for flights or simply relaxing before bed time, I got to watch TV on Netflix. A LOT OF IT.
- All 10 Seasons of Friends.
- All 9 Seasons of The Office
- All 4 Seasons of Scandal (within one month!!)
- All 3 Seasons of Sherlock
- All 1 Season of Outsourced (thanks Christopher + roommates for this adventure!)
- FINALLY watched The Lord of the Rings Trilogy before my trip to New Zealand…#WORTHIT
Random other little things:
- Went camping for the first time in February
- Got to see John Legend at the Houston Rodeo
- Adopted myself a cat (thanks Sarah!)
- Cut 13″ inches off my hair
- Played with stingrays and a bubble fish for the first time
Now? I’ve traded the 5-lane freeways for 2-becoming-3-lanes, the home where I spent middle school-end of college for a quaint, one-bedroom apartment, and 12 hours from now, I’ll be sitting at my desk for my first day of work.
Below, you’ll find some photos of my apartment and my surroundings!